Sökning: "palliative care and culture"
Hittade 5 avhandlingar innehållade orden palliative care and culture.
1. Implementation of knowledge-based palliative care in acute care settings : : obstacles, opportunities and experiencesDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Dept of Neurobiology, Care Sciences and Society
Sammanfattning : Background and aim: Quality improvement is continuously ongoing at different levels in our healthcare system. In Sweden, as in other countries, guidelines are important for quality improvement in healthcare, since they summarize the best available evidence. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : IntroductionEven though medical improvements have reduced the mortality rates for patients afflicted by stroke, mortality during the first few days at hospital is significant. Today, there is an increasing recognition that the principles of palliative and supportive care are important components of meeting the needs of patients severely afflicted by stroke even in acute settings. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The main purpose of the present study was to obtain an in-depth understanding of what the final phase of life was like for a group of gravely ill and dying cancer patients, with focus on autonomy, dependency and quality of life. The specific aims were to: 1) describe the patients' autonomy and how the attitudes of relatives and staff promoted/hindered patient participation in decision-making, 2) describe how the patients assessed their quality of life in two care cultures, 3) describe how members of the care team prognosticated the patients' remaining survival time, and 4) investigate continuity of care site in two different care cultures during the patients' final month of life. LÄS MER
4. Ett liv i berg och dalbana innebörder av att leva med svår kronisk hjärtsvikt i palliativ avancerad hemsjukvård utifrån patienters, närståendes och sjuksköterskors berättelserDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Omvårdnad
Sammanfattning : The overall purpose of this thesis is to illuminate meanings of living with severe chronic heart failure (CHF) in palliative advanced home care (PAHC) as disclosed through patients’, close relatives’ and nurses’ narratives. This thesis comprises four papers that illuminate the phenomenon from various perspectives and with different focus. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Örebro : Örebro universitet
Sammanfattning : This research focused on the life situation of older people, who had moved to a nursing home at the end of life, from the perspectives of the older people themselves, care managers and nursing staff. The thesis is based on an analysis of 446 care manager assessments and decisions, interviews with seven care managers, six older people and 28 nursing staff. LÄS MER