Sökning: "osteonecrosis of the jaw"
Hittade 5 avhandlingar innehållade orden osteonecrosis of the jaw.
- Detta är en avhandling från Malmö university
Sammanfattning : The antiresorptive drugs bisphosphonates and denosumab are widely used to preserve bone strength by inhibiting osteoclast mediated bone resorption. High dose intravenous bisphosphonates and high dose denosumab are mainly used to treat skeletal related events in patients with metastatic bone disease such as metastatic breast cancer and metastatic prostate cancer or in patients with multiple myeloma. LÄS MER
2. Effects of antiresorptive agents on inflammation and bone regeneration in different osseous sites - experimental and clinical studiesDetta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Göteborgs universitet
Sammanfattning : The biological mechanisms involved in bone regeneration in osteoporotic bone and the effect of antiresorptive drugs in relation to surgically inserted biomaterials are not fully understood. Improved osseointegration of titanium implants but also adverse effects of antiresorptive therapies, such as osteonecrotic jaw have been described in the literature. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : Insertion of metal implants in bone is one of the commonest of all surgical procedures. The success of these operations is dependent on the fixation of the implants, which, in turn, depends on the strength of the bone that holds them. LÄS MER
4. Bisphosphonate treatment of children and adolescents with osteogenesis imperfecta : Effects on clinical symptoms and bone turnoverDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Women's and Children's Health
Sammanfattning : Background: Osteogenesis imperfecta (OI) is a group of genetic diseases with a wide spectrum of severity, ranging from very mild bone fragility to lethal forms. Without treatment the more severe forms have multiple fractures leading to progressive bone deformities with extreme shortness, frequent skeletal pain and immobilisation. LÄS MER
5. Meta-analysis of randomized clinical evidence of chemotherapy, radiotherapy and endocrine therapy in breast cancerDetta är en avhandling från Kreta, Greece : University of Crete
Sammanfattning : Breast cancer is the most frequently diagnosed cancer and the leading cause of cancer death in females worldwide. Despite the growing body of randomized controlled trials (RCTs) regarding the use of various treatment strategies (chemotherapy, endocrine therapy, radiotherapy) in breast cancer, the efficacy of some strategies remains unclear and questionable. LÄS MER