Sökning: "optimal growth"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 275 avhandlingar innehållade orden optimal growth.
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : Paper I: In paper I, we asked how a tree should optimally allocate its resources to maximize its fitness. We let a subject tree grow in an environment shaded by nearby competing trees. The competitors were assumed to have reached maturity and had stopped growing, thus creating a static light environment for the subject tree to grow in. LÄS MER
2. On the binding of growth-promoting polyamines to proteoglycans: Implications for growth-regulation and polycation-mediated gene transferDetta är en avhandling från Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Initial investigations were directed at studying the interaction between polyamines and various glycosaminoglycans (GAGs). The polyamine spermine displayed binding to dermatan sulphate (DS) and heparan sulphate (HS) with similar (Kd, 3.9 x 10-4 M) and higher (Kd, 0.37 x 10-6 M) affinity, respectively, than to DNA. LÄS MER
3. Pre-, peri- and postnatal influences on ophthalmologic outcome - a study on children born after intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) and children born pretermDetta är en avhandling från Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Lund University
Sammanfattning : The aims of the present study were to investigate the effects of prenatal factors in children born after intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) and peri- and postnatal factors in children born preterm on visual function and ocular fundus morphology at school age. In the children born preterm the ophthalmologic outcomes, including optic nerve morphology were analysed in relation to gestational age (GA), birth weight (BW) standard deviation score (SDS), serum levels of insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I), weight at week 32 (SDS), and weight, length and head circumference (SDS) at school age. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm, Sweden : KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : This thesis considers the hydrodynamic instability and optimal forcing of a number of incompressible flow cases. In the first part, the instabilities of three problems that are of great interest in energy and aerospace applications are studied, namely a Blasius boundary layer subject to localized wall-suction, a Falkner–Skan–Cooke boundary layer with a localized surface roughness, and a pair of helical vortices. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : Numerical algorithms for efficiently solving optimal control problems are important for commonly used advanced control strategies, such as model predictive control (MPC), but can also be useful for advanced estimation techniques, such as moving horizon estimation (MHE). In MPC, the control input is computed by solving a constrained finite-time optimal control (CFTOC) problem on-line, and in MHE the estimated states are obtained by solving an optimization problem that often can be formulated as a CFTOC problem. LÄS MER