Sökning: "opera singers"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 12 avhandlingar innehållade orden opera singers.
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Psykologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The present thesis explores factors and processes associated with the artistic profession and development of opera singers. The profession of opera singers has a long story deriving its origin in early 1600s in Italy. What is performed on opera stages today is written in the musical scores in the 18th and 19th century. LÄS MER
2. In search of meaning in opera : an opera singer's approach to the dialectics of words, music & myth in opera from Monteverdi to VerdiDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis is to show that the opera singer's art is to transmit word and music into vocal action. It is assumed that opera, like all the arts, communicates myth. Of the stage arts opera is unique in that it expresses mythic metaphors through a combination of words and music. LÄS MER
3. Extending Opera - Artist-led Explorations in Operatic Practice through Interactivity and ElectronicsDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : How can we re-empower opera singers, extending their control over accompaniment and vocal expressivity? To answer this question, I have opened a novel design space, Extending Opera, consisting of interactive artist–operated tools to be used on-stage. The research has its methodological groundings in Research through Design (RtD) and Research through the Arts (RttA). LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Konstnärliga fakulteten vid Lunds universitet
Sammanfattning : This thesis focuses on the opera text enlightened from four different perspectives: the translator, the librettist, the composer and finally the singer, based on the author’s thirty years of professsional practice, in the spirit of Donald A. Schön’s study from 1983: The Reflective Practitioner; How professionals think in action. LÄS MER
5. From Air to Aria. Relevance of Respiratory Behaviour to Voice Function in Classical Western Vocal ArtDetta är en avhandling från Institutionen för talöverföring och musikakustik
Sammanfattning : While previous studies of opera singersrespiratorybehaviour have focused on kinematic or dynamic aspects mainly,this thesis attempts to adopt a broader perspective. Not onlylung volumes, rib cage and abdominal wall kinematics areconsidered, but also the effects of lung volumes and respiratorybehaviour on phonation characteristics. LÄS MER