Sökning: "nutrient enrichment"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 33 avhandlingar innehållade orden nutrient enrichment.
1. Nutrient recovery from waste streams through struvite formation
Sammanfattning : Eutrophication or the nutrient enrichment of water bodies, typically by nitrogen and phosphorus has adversely affected the aquatic life and the quality of water. Governments have been forced to take actions in order to reduce the release of these nutrients into the environment. LÄS MER
2. Effects of warming and nutrient enrichment on feeding behavior, population stability and persistence of consumers and their resources
Sammanfattning : Consumer-resource interactions are the basic building blocks of every food web. In spite of being a central research theme of longstanding interest in ecology, the mechanisms governing the stability and persistence of consumer-resource interactions are still not entirely understood. LÄS MER
3. Direct and indirect effects of fish predation and excretion in aquatic food webs
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis was to elucidate the mechanisms by which planktivorous fish can affect planktonic communities in lakes and how they may affect benthic communities through their effects on planktonic communities. In a laboratory experiment, nutrients released by fish increased algal biomass and altered phytoplankton community structure, suggesting that fish can affect phytoplankton by directly releasing nutrients. LÄS MER
4. Nutrient Stoichiometry in Benthic Food Webs – Interactions Between Algae, Herbivores and Fish
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis was to identify general structuring mechanisms in benthic food webs within the framework of ecological stoichiometry theory. Ecological stoichiometry is defined as the balance of multiple chemical substances in ecological interactions and explicitly considers the combined dynamics of key elements such as carbon (C), nitrogen (N) and phosphorus (P). LÄS MER
5. Long-term development of subalpine lakes : effects of nutrients, climate and hydrological variability as assessed by biological and geochemical sediment proxies
Sammanfattning : Sediment records of two Italian subalpine lakes (Lake Garda and Lake Ledro) were analyzed in order to reconstruct their ecological evolution over the past several hundred years. A multi-proxy and multi-site approach was applied in order to disentangle the effects of local anthropogenic forcings, such as nutrients, and climate impacts on the two lakes and their catchments. LÄS MER