Sökning: "national images"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 74 avhandlingar innehållade orden national images.
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Oriental Languages, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : In 1901 the Qing regime, in power 1644-1911, took wide-ranging measures to reform the Chinese Empire. Fundamental changes were carried out within the field of education, resulting in the completion of China’s first modern educational system in 1904. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Örebro : Örebro universitetsbibliotek
Sammanfattning : This dissertation deals with the construction, maintenance and change of national identities in divided and unified Germany. Following World War II, Germany was divided in two parts. LÄS MER
3. Bilder av Mittens rike. Kontinuitet och förändring i svenska resenärers Kinaskildringar 1749-1912 Images of the Middle Kingdom. Continuity and Change in Swedish Travelers' Accounts of China, 1749-1912Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg : University of Gothenburg
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis is to describe and analyze the images of China in Swedish travelers’ published accounts – traditional travelogues as well as diaries, diplomatic reports, letters, and geographical handbooks – between 1749 and 1912. The main problem of the study is the question of continuity and change in these images, which are seen as the result of an encounter between preconceived notions and personal experience. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Lund University Press
Sammanfattning : Since their emergence in the late 19th century, national park spaces have been perceived as articulations of untouched nature or wild landscape beyond society. Yet no understanding of national parks can do without the recognition that they exist in historical spaces created, institutionalised and prepared for them by cultural practices and modes of representation. LÄS MER
5. Images of Work and Love The Dynamics of Economy and Emotions on the Big Screen in Sweden and Mexico 1930–1955Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : This thesis studies the intertwinement of economy and emotions within the context of modernity. By investigating how work and romantic love interact in fiction films from the period 1930 to 1955, I seek to shed light on how two cultural practices that might normally be assumed to belong to separate dimensions of life – the economic and the emotional – are actually closely connected to each other. LÄS MER