Sökning: "musical gestures"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 8 avhandlingar innehållade orden musical gestures.
1. Musik som handling. Verkanalys, interpretation och musikalisk gestaltning. Med ett studium av Anders Eliassons Quartetto d'Archi
Sammanfattning : The aim of the dissertation is to illustrate the potential musical analysis has in the development of artistic questions with regard to the interpretation and performance of western art music. The analyses of the dissertation focus on Quartetto d’Archi, by the Swedish composer Anders Eliasson, and discussions of music as action, music as emotional expression, music as motion and music as mimesis are based on the four movements of this string quartet. LÄS MER
2. Exercising musicianship anew through soundpainting : Speaking music through sound gestures
Sammanfattning : In this thesis I focus on soundpainting-mediated musical experiences. Proposed in the mid seventies by the American musician Walter Thompson (b. 1952), soundpainting is a conventionalized artistic practice designed to create artistic works in real time. LÄS MER
3. Ups and Downs, Violin Bowing as Gesture
Sammanfattning : This thesis is an inquiry into musical interpretation and performance. It builds on my practice as a professional baroque violinist. Qualitative analysis of the video documentation of my individual practise, rehearsals, and concert performances is the core method of the project. LÄS MER
4. The Printed Score as a Mediator of Musical Meaning Approaches to Music Notation in Western tonal music
Sammanfattning : Abstract Centering on notation is a characteristic of Western tonal music. The printed scores are expected to provide the necessary information on musical expression. In this study, strategically selected contemporary musicians’ ways of under-standing the printed scores are investigated. LÄS MER
5. Att ge form åt musikaliska gestaltningar. En socialsemiotisk studie av körledares multimodala kommunikation i kör
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this thesis is to identify and describe how musical interpretations and performances are semiotically designed and realised by choir conductors in their interaction with choir singers during rehearsals and concerts, and also to find methods for how these actions can be analysed and described. The data consists of video-recorded rehearsals and concerts with six Swedish professional choir conductors and their choirs. LÄS MER