Sökning: "muscle biopsy"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 53 avhandlingar innehållade orden muscle biopsy.
1. MUSCLE TONE IMBALANCE IN HUMAN UPPER EXTREMITY An experimental study of muscle adaptation to altered tension
Sammanfattning : Aim: The aim of this thesis was to improve outcome after tendon transfer and rotator cuff surgery by investigating the impact on response to passive mechanical testing and change in structural characteristics associated with longstanding changes in the tension of skeletal muscle in the human upper extremities in vivo. Patients and methods: The investigational method was in vitro assessment of human upper extremity muscles. LÄS MER
2. Distribution, total number and size of different types of fibres in male and female skeletal muscles : an enzyme histochemical study of whole muscle cross-sections
Sammanfattning : In order to investigate the total number, relative proportions, size variations and distribution patterns of fibres of different types in human skeletal muscles, a technique was developed which allows whole muscle cross-sections to be collected and stained enzyme histochemically. Necropsy material was obtained from m. tibialis anterior and m. LÄS MER
3. Skeletal muscle potassium and magnesium in diuretic treated patients : effects of potassium - sparing diuretics of magnesium supplementation
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
4. Elite sprinters, ice hockey players, orienteers and marathon runners : isokinetic leg muscle performance in relation to muscle structure and training
Sammanfattning : In male athletes from different sports, isokinetic knee extensor, and in orienteers also plantar flexor peak torque (PT), contractional work (CW) and integrated surface electromyograms (iEMG) were analysed.Single contraction PT, CW and iEMG in sprinters and marathon runners were significantly correlated to the cross-sectional area (CSA) of m. LÄS MER
5. Re-evaluation of exercise-induced muscle soreness : an immunohistochemical and ultrastructural study
Sammanfattning : Delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) is a familiar experience for the elite and novice athletes. Symptoms can range from muscle tenderness to severe deliberating pain. It is generally believed that eccentric contractions produce higher tension on muscle fibres and connective tissues than concentric and isometric contractions. LÄS MER