Sökning: "mucosal immunology"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 98 avhandlingar innehållade orden mucosal immunology.
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Wenner-Grens institut för experimentell biologi
Sammanfattning : More than a century after the identification of the tubercle bacillus and the first attempts at vaccination, tuberculosis (TB) still remains one of the world’s most serious infectious diseases. TB, caused by the bacterium Mycobacterium tuberculosis, is typically a disease of the lung, which serves both as port of entry and as the major site of disease manifestation. LÄS MER
2. Early-life gut microbiota and breast milk oligosaccharides in relation to childhood immune maturation and allergyDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Wenner-Gren Institute for Experimental Biology, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Atopic allergy is the most common chronic disease among children in the developed world. This high prevalence could be associated with low microbial exposure. The early gut microbiota appears to be important for immune maturation. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : The Wenner-Gren Institute, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : This thesis aimed to the identification of immune biomarkers of mycobacterial infection for better diagnosis of tuberculosis (TB) and also focused on new vaccination strategies with a particular emphasis on the immune responses in the respiratory tract using murine models.Since the lung is the natural habitat for the M. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Molecular Biosciences, The Wenner-Gren Institute, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : The human gut harbors a vast number of microbes. These microbes are not passive bystanders. They are important in modulating the immune system. We have previously shown that early colonization with lactobacilli and Staphylococcus (S. LÄS MER
5. Design of solid dosage forms for mucosal vaccination - Investigations on the influence of excipients on product performanceDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Molecular Biosciences, The Wenner-Gren Institute, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Most vaccines today are liquid formulations for parental administration. However, there are several drawbacks connected to these vaccines. Since injectable vaccines only induce systemic antibody responses, they are not effective against the various pathogens that affect mucosal surfaces with poor permeability for serum-derived antibodies, e.g. LÄS MER