Sökning: "mouth breathing"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 8 avhandlingar innehållade orden mouth breathing.
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Intellecta Infolag AB
Sammanfattning : Objective. The aim of this thesis was to investigate the oral health of young individuals with and without asthma. Material. In Study I, a group of 3- (n=66) and 6-year-old children (n=61) with asthma and two healthy control groups (n=62 and n=55 respectively) participated. LÄS MER
2. Speech and velopharyngeal function in patients with hypernasality : An investigation utilizing listener judgments, instrumental analysis (NORAM), multiview videoradiography and nasopharyngoscopyDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, false
Sammanfattning : Speech and Velopharyngeal Function in Patients with Hypernasality An Investigation Uhlizing Listener Judgments, Instrumental Analysis (NORAM), Multiview Videoradiography and Nasopharyngoscopy. by Jonas Karling From the Departments of Logopedics and Pboniatrics, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge University Hospital, and Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Otorhinolaryngology, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, and Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology, Umeå University, Umeå This investigation evaluated how velopharyngeal function and speech deficiencies related to velo pharyngeal insufficiency (VPI) were influenced by a) type of cleft, b) site and size of oronasal fistulas and c) pharyngeal flaps. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Surgical Science
Sammanfattning : Control of breathing in humans is regulated through a network of different nervous and chemical mechanisms, in the central nervous system as well as in peripheral structures. One important stimulus for this control is the decrease in arterial oxygen tension, PaO2, in blood, which leads to an increased ventilation. LÄS MER
4. Real-time breath gas analysis of carbon monoxide laser-based detection and pulmonary gas exchange modelingDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå University
Sammanfattning : Breath gas analysis is a promising approach for non-invasive medical diagnostics and physiological monitoring. Real-time, breath-cycle resolved biomarker detection facilitates data interpretation and has the potential to improve the diagnostic value of breath tests as exhalation profiles carry spatiotemporal information about biomarker origin and gas exchange in the respiratory tract. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå University
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis was to explore aspects of dental erosion by investigating its prevalence among young Saudi men and young children, develop a system for its assessment and to evaluate various tentative background factors that may be associated with its occurrence. Saudi military inductees (n = 95) were subjected to questionnaire and clinical examination, including recordings of severity of dental erosion and a number of other oral health parameters. LÄS MER