Sökning: "mortality transition"
Visar resultat 6 - 10 av 65 avhandlingar innehållade orden mortality transition.
6. The two faces of smallpox a disease and its prevention in eighteenth- and nineteenth-century Sweden
Sammanfattning : This study deals with the history of smallpox in Sweden between 1750 and 1900 and the two preventive measures that were used against it: inoculation during the eighteenth and vaccination during the nineteenth Century. Between 1750 and 1800 300,000 children died from smallpox in Sweden. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborgs universitet
Sammanfattning : It is well known that the risks for complications of both the foetus and the mother increase in post-term pregnancy. To date, there is no uniform worldwide guideline for when to induce a pregnant woman who has passed her estimated due date. Little research has been conducted about women’s own experiences of a pregnancy ≥41 gestational weeks. LÄS MER
8. Child Mortality during the Demographic Transition. A Longitudinal Analysis of a Rural Population in Southern Sweden, 1766-1894Detta är en avhandling från Almqvist & Wiksell International
Sammanfattning : The great decline in mortality has had a vital impact on our societies. Life expectancy has more than doubled in the past 200 years, but no acceptable explanation has yet been given for the earlier part of the decline in mortality, even though it has attracted a very broad interdisciplinary interest. LÄS MER
9. Effects of violent conflict on women and children Sexual behavior, fertility, and infant mortality in Rwanda and the Democratic Republic of CongoDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Sociology, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : This thesis investigates the relationship between violent conflicts and sexual and reproductive health in Rwanda and the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). The aim of the thesis is to investigate how war affects demographic outcomes across individual life courses. LÄS MER
10. CHILDREN BORN PREMATURELY. Their fathers' experiences and trends in mortality and morbidity during a ten-year periodDetta är en avhandling från Pia Lundqvist, Dept of Health Sciences, Faculty of Medicine
Sammanfattning : The overall aim of this thesis was to elucidate fathers’ experience of becoming parents of a pretermborn infant as well as their experience in the years after their infant’s birth. A further aim was to describe the context of neonatal care by investigating trends in outcome during a ten-year period in the southern region of Sweden. LÄS MER