Sökning: "mortality transition"
Visar resultat 16 - 20 av 65 avhandlingar innehållade orden mortality transition.
16. Rapid Urbanization An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Urban Transition in Developing CountriesDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : This thesis is concerned with the challenges posed by the contemporary urban narrative in developing countries. It is premised on the notion of the urban transition, which posits that as a country develops it undergoes a transformation from a predominantly rural society to a predominantly urban one. LÄS MER
17. Ischemic and Hypoglycemic Brain Damage, Involvement of the Mitochondrial Permeability Transition PoreDetta är en avhandling från Wallenberg Neuroscience Center, BMC, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Brain damage from ischemia-reperfusion and hypoglycemia are major causes of morbidity and mortality. Therapeutic strategies include hypothermia, glutamate-receptor blockade, immunosuppression and lately treatment aiming at preserving mitochondrial integrity and function. LÄS MER
18. Life and Death in the City: Demography and Living Standards during Stockholm's IndustrializationDetta är en avhandling från Wallenberg Neuroscience Center, BMC, Lund University
Sammanfattning : This dissertation uses longitudinal micro-data from Stockholm between 1878 and 1926 to study the causes and consequences of the fertility transition and to examine the development of living standards inequality during industrialization. Although both processes have received much interest from researchers, we know relatively little of how either one played out among individuals in urban areas, which were both at the forefront of industrialization and the fertility decline. LÄS MER
19. Att föda barn -- från privat till offentlig angelägenhet Förlossningsvårdens institutionalisering i Sundsvall 1900-1930Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Historiska studier
Sammanfattning : By the late nineteenth century childbirth was firmly established in the domestic sphere. However, in the early years of the twentieth century different forms of maternity clinics were established where normal, as well as complicated, deliveries could take place. LÄS MER
20. Parents, children and their families living arrangements of old people in the XIX century, Sundsvall region, SwedenDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Institutionen för idé- och samhällsstudier, Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : This study deals with the intergenerational coresidence during the nineteenth century. The main focus is placed on the possible differences in the coresidences among parents and children and whether demographic transition and industrialization changed this relation. LÄS MER