Sökning: "monetary risks"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 23 avhandlingar innehållade orden monetary risks.
1. Insurance and cartels through wars and depressions : Swedish Marine insurance and reinsurance between the World Wars
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis is to enhance our understanding of Swedish marine insurers' choices of business strategies under the potentially difficult business circumstances of the interwar period 1918-1939. Little previous research exists on marine insurance during the interwar period. LÄS MER
2. Unconventional Monetary Policy at the International, National and Local Level
Sammanfattning : This thesis is based on four essays. The first investigates time-variation in the relationship between short interest rates and consumption in the USA and Sweden. Results based on Bayesian VAR models indicate that the short rate ceased to respond to consumption shocks when constrained by the zero lower bound. LÄS MER
3. The Treasurer's Guide to the Municipality : Essays on Sub-Sovereign Finance
Sammanfattning : This thesis presents a comprehensive empirical analysis of the current state of Swedish sub-sovereign finance from multiple perspectives, starting from the local and moving to the national. Financial risks may occur in a long line of financial obligations and transactions. LÄS MER
4. Handeln och betalningarna mellan Sverige och Tyskland 1934-1945 : Den svensk-tyska clearingepoken ur ett kontraktsekonomiskt perspektiv
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this thesis has been to analyse the managing of risks, insecurities and transactions costs that deterred economic exchange during the 1930’s and the 1940’s, within the Swedish-German bilateral clearing system, from a Swedish contractual theoretical perspective. In this thesis it has been shown that the clearing agreement was put in practice in 1934, on initiative of Sweden. LÄS MER
5. Policy Choices in African Structural Adjustment : An Exploration of Sectoral Continuity
Sammanfattning : Between 1980 and 2000, a number of Sub-Saharan African countries entered into conditional structural adjustment lending arrangements with the International Monetary Fund (IMF) in response to economic crisis and decline. Despite the fact that the crises had been due in part to long-term overdependence on primary sector activities, such as cash crop agriculture and natural resource extraction, many countries allegedly continued to prioritize these activities during structural adjustment. LÄS MER