Sökning: "mitochondrial membrane potential"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 71 avhandlingar innehållade orden mitochondrial membrane potential.
1. Regulation of proton-coupled electron transfer in cytochrome c oxidase The role of membrane potential, proton pathways and ATPDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Stockholm university
Sammanfattning : Cytochrome c oxidase (CytcO) is the final electron acceptor of the respiratory chain. In this chain a current of electrons, derived from degradation of nutrients, along with protons, are used to reduce oxygen to water. The reaction is exergonic and the excess energy is used to pump protons across the membrane. LÄS MER
2. Sperm Membrane Channels, Receptors and Kinematics Using boar spermatozoa for drug toxicity screeningDetta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : Internal fertilization usually implies that a spermatozoon, with intact attributes for zygote formation, passes all hurdles during its transport through the female genitalia and reaches the oocyte. During this journey, millions to billions of other spermatozoa perish. LÄS MER
3. Insight into the mitochondrial apoptotic pathway The interplay of the pro-apoptotic Bax protein with oxidized phospholipids and its counterplayer, the pro-survival Bcl-2 proteinDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : Apoptosis plays a crucial role in multicellular organisms by preserving tissue homeostasis and removing harmful cells. The anti-apoptotic B-cell CLL/lymphoma 2 (Bcl-2) and the pro-apoptotic Bcl-2-associated X protein (Bax) act as major regulators of the mitochondrial apoptotic pathway. LÄS MER
4. Cell-penetrating peptide targeting mitochondria : Design, synthesis, characterization, and biological effectsDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Neurochemistry
Sammanfattning : More than twenty years after the discovery of the first cell-penetrating peptide (CPP), a large number of both naturally occurring as well as engineered CPPs have been discovered. Generally, CPPs are short polycationic sequences of less than 30 amino acids that are able to translocate different cargoes into cells. LÄS MER
5. The role of the mitochondrial membrane system in apoptosis the influence of oxidative stress on membranes and their interactions with apoptosis-regulating Bcl-2 proteinsDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå Universitet
Sammanfattning : Apoptosis is a crucial process in multicellular organisms in sculpting them, especially during embryogenesis. In addition, apoptosis is responsible for the clearance of harmful or damaged cells which can otherwise be detrimental to the organism. LÄS MER