Sökning: "mitochondrial gene expression"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 131 avhandlingar innehållade orden mitochondrial gene expression.
1. Organization of mitochondrial gene expression in yeast Specific features of organellar protein synthesisDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Mitochondria contain their own genetic system, encoding key subunits of the oxidative phosphorylation system. These subunits are expressed by an organelle-specific gene expression machinery. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Besides their famous role as powerhouse of the cell, mitochondria are also involved in many signaling processes and metabolism. Therefore, it is unsurprising that mitochondria are no isolated organelles but are in constant crosstalk with other parts of the cell. LÄS MER
3. The interactome of the yeast mitochondrial ribosome Organization of mitochondrial post-transcriptional regulation, membrane protein insertion and quality controlDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : The proteins found in mitochondria originate from two different genetic systems. Most mitochondrial proteins are synthesized in the cytosol and post-translationally imported into the organelle. However, a small subset of mitochondrial proteins is encoded in an organelle-resident genome. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Dept of Laboratory Medicine
Sammanfattning : Mitochondria are essential organelles of eukaryotic cells and their main function is to provide the cell with the ubiquitously used energy currency ATP. Impaired energy conversion caused by mitochondrial dysfunction is a direct cause of several human diseases. LÄS MER
5. Signalling in plant mitochondria. Redox regulation of gene expression & characterisation of a pea nucleoside diphosphate kinaseDetta är en avhandling från Plant Biochemistry, Box 117 SE-221 00 Lund, Sweden
Sammanfattning : This work contributes to our understanding of mitochondrial responses to changing environmental conditions in plants. The first part of this thesis is focused in the study of redox regulation of mitochondrial gene expression. By using inhibitors, the redox state of the components of the mitochondrial respiratory chain was selectively affected. LÄS MER