Sökning: "minority language"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 50 avhandlingar innehållade orden minority language.
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : This dissertation presents an investigation of the proficiency in Saami of Swedish Saami schoolchildren. Several different aspects of language proficiency were examined with different methods of elicitation. The investigation had the form of a longitudinal study and mainly concerned language structure, i.e. LÄS MER
2. Immigration, security and the public debate on US language policy : : A critical discourse analysis of language attitudes in the United States of AmericaDetta är en avhandling från Luleå University of Technology
Sammanfattning : The narrative of the United States is of a "nation of immigrants" in which the language shift patterns of earlier ethnolinguistic groups have tended towards linguistic assimilation through English. In recent years, however, changes in the demographic landscape and language maintenance by non-English speaking immigrants, particularly Hispanics, have been perceived as threats and have led to calls for an official English language policy. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Karlstad : Karlstads universitet
Sammanfattning : The aim of this dissertation is to contribute with knowledge about how speech communities are formed and maintained in Swedish preschools when minority language children participate. The dissertation is based on two empirical studies that are linked together by an ethnographical communication model. LÄS MER
4. "Ungerska för rötternas skull" Språkval och identitet bland andragenerationens ungrare i Sverige och FinlandDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : This thesis is a comparative sociolinguistic study which describes and compares language choice among people with Hungarian background in Sweden and Finland and studies their views on the importance of the Hungarian language and Hungarian cultural heritage for identity. The future prospects of language maintenance and language shift and differences between the Swedish-Hungarians and the Finnish-Hungarians are discussed. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Mathematics and Science Education, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : The objective of this thesis is to examine how language, gestures and physical artefacts are used in science classes with emergent bilingual students who do not share the same minority language as their classmates or teachers. The purpose is to contribute to findings that can enhance emergent bilingual students’ learning in science. LÄS MER