Sökning: "middle class"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 202 avhandlingar innehållade orden middle class.
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : www.tjeder.nu
Sammanfattning : This is a study of continuity and change in middle-class conceptions of ideal manhood. My theoretical cues are the notions of the male as an unproblematised and genderless norm, masculinity as homosocial, and George L. Mosse’s use of countertypes.Notions of passions, youth, and character were important throughout the century. LÄS MER
2. "Other Guys Don't Hang Out Like This" : Gendered Friendship Politics Among Swedish, Middle-Class MenDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Centrum för Genusvetenskap, Uppsala universitet
Sammanfattning : The overarching aim of this thesis is to deepen the understanding of men’s friendships, in relation to gender, sexuality, power, masculine positions, feminisms and gender equality. The thesis draws upon in-depth interviews conducted individually and with pairs of men, between 25 and 49 years old, predominantly well-educated, white, straight and working white-collar or cultural jobs, twenty in total. LÄS MER
3. A class of origin The school class as a social context and health disparities in a life-course perspectiveDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Sociology, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : The aim of the present thesis is to examine various aspects of the school-class structure and their links to health in a life-course perspective. The empirical studies are based on two longitudinal data materials of cohorts born in the 1950s, followed up until middle age. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : The main objective of this dissertation is to study the subjective class identification and the importance of this identification for social attitudes and leisure habits. Class identification is a significant, yet often neglected, area of research in the study of social class and stratification. LÄS MER
5. The Decline of Class Voting in Sweden 1968–2014: Reconsiderations, Explanations and the Role of the New Middle ClassDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : Class voting has been one of the most wide-spread and persistent patterns of voting behavior in Western democracies throughout the 20th century. Understanding its decline is an important part of understanding the current political situation. LÄS MER