Sökning: "metal particles"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 284 avhandlingar innehållade orden metal particles.
1. Metal Particles – Hazard or Risk? Elaboration and Implementation of a Research Strategy from a Surface and Corrosion PerspectiveDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH
Sammanfattning : Do metal particles (including particles of pure metals, alloys, metal oxides and compounds) pose a hazard or risk to human health? In the light of this question, this thesis summarizes results from research conducted on metal particles, and describes the elaboration and implementation of an in vitro test methodology to study metal release from particles through corrosion and dissolution processes in synthetic biological media relevant for human exposure through inhalation/ingestion and dermal contact.Bioaccessible metals are defined as the pool of released metals from particles that potentially could be made available for absorption by humans or other organisms. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Materialvetenskap
Sammanfattning : Humans are exposed to metals and metal-containing materials daily, either conscious, e.g. using metal tools or objects, or unconscious, e.g. LÄS MER
3. Surface reactivity of metal nanoparticles : - importance of surface active agents and biomolecules from a transformation, mobility and toxicity perspectiveDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : Metallic nanoparticles possess unique properties due to their size and are widely used in e.g. consumer products. From this follows a need to identify and assess potential risks of human and environmental exposure. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH
Sammanfattning : The primary intention with this Doctoral thesis is to fillin the knowledge gaps and raise the level of understandingregarding the different metal dusting mechanisms in general andexplain the process in detail for high alloyed materials.Considerable effort is put into identifying the driving forcesand elucidating the diffusional processes in metal dusting. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Jönköping : Jönköping University, School of Engineering
Sammanfattning : Hadfield steel is widely accepted as one of the most important steel alloys utilized in industrial applications where high impact strength and wear resistance is required. Like in most metallic alloys used for component casting, the mechanical properties of Hadfield steel are directly connected with the microstructure of the material. LÄS MER