Sökning: "medieval Scandinavia"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 32 avhandlingar innehållade orden medieval Scandinavia.
1. Practices for the Living and the Dead : Medieval and Post-Reformation Burials in Scandinavia
Sammanfattning : The main themes of the thesis are burial customs and social identities, and how medieval and post-Reformation graves can provide information on such as age structures, phases in life, gender relations and social organization. The study is based on nine groups of Scandinavian material, and it comprises four case studies. LÄS MER
2. Rum utan utsikt : Fönster och ljus i medeltida byggnader
Sammanfattning : Windows, light and a view are self-evident parts of contemporary interiors. This was not the case in Scandinavia during the Middle Ages (c. 1050–1520 CE), when closed spaces without wall openings were standard. LÄS MER
3. Rügen : a Forgotten Fief of the Danish Kings c. 1168–1325. Preter Rugiam et Terras ei Attinentes
Sammanfattning : The principality of Rügen was a fief under the Danish kings for nearly 200 years. In that time its princes provided valuable assistance in the form of primarily military service. This thesis tells the story of the forgotten principality and how its princes helped shape many of the most important events in Danish medieval history. LÄS MER
4. On plant food in the Scandinavian peninsula in Early Medieval times
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
5. Föreställd hedendom. Tidigmedeltida skandinaviska kyrkportar i forskning och historia
Sammanfattning : The thesis discusses Medieval Scandinavian art, in particular church doors and portals from 12th and 13th century Sweden and Norway. The entrance of the church was a demarcation of holiness, but also a meeting place for the local communities, where otherwise secular activities could be legitimatized by the ecclesiastical context. LÄS MER