Sökning: "media effects"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 468 avhandlingar innehållade orden media effects.
1. Effects of online advertising on children's visual attention and task performance during free and goal-directed internet use : A media psychology approach to children's website interaction and advert distraction
Sammanfattning : This dissertation consists of four eye-tracking studies that investigate how salient online advertising and children's level of executive function contributes to their advert distraction. In Study 1, children aged 9 were instructed to surf freely on the internet while all advert material appearing on-screen was registered. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Boréa Bokförlag
Sammanfattning : This study is an attempt to analyze the social construction of media violence in the Swedish press debate 1980-1995. Altogether, 1029 articles from seven of Sweden's biggest daily and evening papers were qualitatively analyzed. Numerous claims refer to scientific 'proof' that media violence breeds personal aggression. LÄS MER
3. Otrygghetens landskap. En kartläggning av otryggheten i stadsrummet och en analys av bakomliggande orsaker, med fokus på mediernas rollDetta är en avhandling från Boréa Bokförlag
Sammanfattning : The aims of the dissertation are to explore and map the fear and insecurity in urban public spaces and to analyse the underlying causes behind the sensations of fear and insecurity in these spaces, with focus on the role of the media. The study is mainly based on survey data collected through regional samples of the population of West Sweden between the years of 2001–2007. LÄS MER
4. Perilous Silences and Counterproductive Narratives Pertaining to HIV/AIDS in the Ugandan, Lesotho and Namibian PressDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Research on Western mainstream media’s framing of HIV/AIDS in the 1980’s, showed that media narratives influenced audiences’ understanding of the epidemic, as well as society’s responses. Subsequently, by analyzing a society’s mass media and its framing of HIV/AIDS, it is possible to explore what understandings are given preferential treatment in that society, as well as explore what social change those narratives indirectly or directly facilitate. LÄS MER
5. Exploring the Effects of ICT on Environmental Sustainability: From Life Cycle Assessment to Complex Systems ModelingDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : The production and consumption of information and communication technology (ICT) products and services continue to grow worldwide. This trend is accompanied by a corresponding increase in electricity use by ICT, as well as direct environmental impacts of the technology. Yet a more complicated picture of ICT’s effects is emerging. LÄS MER