Sökning: "mathematical reasoning"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 52 avhandlingar innehållade orden mathematical reasoning.
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Chalmers University of Technology and University of Gothenburg
Sammanfattning : This thesis is a compilation of four papers in which mathematical reasoning is examined in various contexts, in which mathematics is an integral part. It is known from previous studies that a focus on rote learning and procedural mathematical reasoning hamper students’ learning of mathematics. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : School-mathematics has been shown to mainly comprise rote-learning of procedures where the considerations of intrinsic mathematical properties are scarce. At the same time theories and syllabi emphasize competencies like problem solving and reasoning. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg : University of Gothenburg
Sammanfattning : By analysing and expanding upon mathematical reasoning requirements in physics tests, this licentiate thesis aims to contribute to the research studying how students’ knowledge in mathematics influence their learning of physics. A sample of physics tests from the Swedish National Test Bank in Physics was used as data, together with information of upper secondary students’ scores and grades on the tests. LÄS MER
4. Assessing mathematical creativity comparing national and teacher-made tests, explaining differences and examining impactDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Matematik och matematisk statistik, Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : Students’ use of superficial reasoning seems to be a main reason for learning difficulties in mathematics. It is therefore important to investigate the reasons for this use and the components that may affect students’ mathematical reasoning development. LÄS MER
5. Exercising Mathematical Competence: Practising Representation Theory and Representing Mathematical PracticeDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Matematik och matematisk statistik, Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : This thesis assembles two papers in mathematics and two papers in mathematics education. In the mathematics part, representation theory is practised. Two Clebsch-Gordan type problems are addressed. LÄS MER