Sökning: "masticatory function"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 11 avhandlingar innehållade orden masticatory function.
1. Masticatory function and temporomandibular disorders in patients with dentofacial deformities : studies before and after orthodontic and orthognathic treatmentDetta är en avhandling från Swedish Dental Journal
Sammanfattning : abstract About 30 % of individuals in the Swedish population will at some stage during life have treatment with orthodontic appliances. In more severe cases, when orthodontic treatment is not considered sufficient enough to correct the malocclusion, the orthodontic treatment is combined with orthognathic surgery. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Dept of Dental Medicine
Sammanfattning : In use, since the 1960´s, dental implants have been reported to allow chewing that is as efficient as with natural dentition. However, input from periodontal mechanoreceptors (PMRs) around the tooth is important for sensorimotor regulation of biting and chewing. LÄS MER
3. Masticatory retraining effect on masseter muscle, facial morphology and alveolar bone structure in the adult ratDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Dept of Dental Medicine
Sammanfattning : The aim of this series of investigations was to study the effect of masticatory muscle retraining in adult rats with an earlier reduced masticatory muscle function on the craniofacial morphology, on the internal alveolar bone structure and on the deep masseter muscle. Material and Methods: Sixty young male rats received soft diet for a prolonged period, so that the animals developed weak masticatory muscles. LÄS MER
4. Electromyography and bite force studies of muscular function and dysfunction in masticatory musclesDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : Electromyographic (EMG) activity versus bite force was studied during a gradually increased isometric contraction up to maximal effort for patients with painful masseter muscles and referents. The masseter muscle, the anterior temporal muscle and the descending part of the trapezius muscle were chosen for the recordings. LÄS MER
5. Craniofacial morphology and growth in the ferret: effects from alteration of masticatory functionDetta är en avhandling från Göteborg
Sammanfattning : INTRODUCTION: Our hypothesis is that any effects on craniofacial growth and morphology induced by altering the masticatory function will vary according to the species involved. The general aim of this thesis was to test the possible effects of altering the masticatory function on craniofacial growth and morphology, as well as features of masticatory muscles in ferrets. LÄS MER