Sökning: "maritime history"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 24 avhandlingar innehållade orden maritime history.
1. Navigating the foreign quarters Everyday life of the Swedish East India Company employees in Canton and Macao 1730–1830Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of History, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : This thesis analyses the everyday life of the Swedish East India company employees in Canton and Macao 1730–1830. Through a focus on everyday practices, analysed on the basis of ethnicity, class and gender, I show how the Swedes and other foreigners led their everyday life in a constant interplay between adaptation to and transgression of Chinese rules. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Huddinge : Södertörns högskola
Sammanfattning : Archaeological investigations into late iron age and medieval coastal societies in Sweden have been focusing on a maritime culture, a traditional coastal and island-dwelling fisher-farmer and activities centered on fishing in a long maritime tradition as well as a specific maritime identity and habitus. By deconstructing commonly used concepts and by using primarily written sources, it is here shown that there is a need for putting this culture and its agents into perspective by opening up the history of the maritime interspace and let in previously overlooked or disregarded historical actors in the narrative field dominated by men and landed farmers, such as landless, powerless, strangers, foreigners and women. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
4. Digital Maritime Sights Digital visual documentation and communication in Scandinavian contract maritime archaeologyDetta är en avhandling från Växjö : Linnaeus University Press
Sammanfattning : This licentiate thesis investigates the use of digital visualisations for knowledge production and communication of maritime heritage located underwater. The archaeological practice that takes place in response to development, contract archaeology, is the field that is being investigated. LÄS MER
5. Trafikpolitik och regional omvandling Beslutsprocesserna om isbrytningen längs Norrlandskusten 1940-1975Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå universitet
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis is to understand the decision-making processes concerning ice-breaking along the coast of Norrland, with the specific aim to analyse the activities of regional interest groups in the Norrland region and government agents at different administrative levels at the key stages of the decision-making processes: initiation, drafting and decision-making. The thesis also explores how institutional factors at different administrative levels affected the agents that were involved at those stages of the decision-making processes. LÄS MER