Sökning: "marine insurance"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 6 avhandlingar innehållade orden marine insurance.
1. Insurance and cartels through wars and depressions : Swedish Marine insurance and reinsurance between the World Wars
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis is to enhance our understanding of Swedish marine insurers' choices of business strategies under the potentially difficult business circumstances of the interwar period 1918-1939. Little previous research exists on marine insurance during the interwar period. LÄS MER
2. Swedish marine insurance between the World Wars
Sammanfattning : The present licentiate thesis analyses developments in Swedish marine insurance during the interwar period, including both direct marine insurance and marine reinsurance. This is done in order to provide insights on how companies of a highly internationalised and vulnerable line of insurance were affected by and responded to new risks during a period of far-reaching international financial and economic crises. LÄS MER
3. Upholding the coral loop : Resilience, alternative stable states and feedbacks in coral reefs
Sammanfattning : Coral reefs are suffering unprecedented declines in coral cover and species diversity. These changes are often associated with substantial shifts in community structure to new dominant organisms. Ultimately, these “phase shifts” can be persistent and very difficult to return from. LÄS MER
4. Internationalisering av svenska försäkringsbolag : Drivkrafter, organisering och utveckling 1855-1913
Sammanfattning : This dissertation analyses the driving forces behind the organising and development of Swedish insurance firms business abroad. It contains an investigation of all insurance branches with interests in the international insurance market (except marine insurance companies). LÄS MER
5. Coral reefs in a human-dominated environment : implications of altered disturbance regimes and reduced resilience
Sammanfattning : Coral reefs are facing an "Anthropocene " era where humans have advanced from a minor species with limited influence on coral reefs to a major source of disturbance. Disturbance arriving from human influences may not only interact with each other, but also with natural disturbance regimes, leading to synergistic effects. LÄS MER