Sökning: "mRNA modifications"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 47 avhandlingar innehållade orden mRNA modifications.
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The ribosome is a large macromolecular complex that synthesizes all proteins in the cell in all kingdoms of life. Proteins perform many vital functions, ranging from catalysis of biochemical reactions to muscle movement. It is essential for cells and organisms that proteins are synthesized rapidly and accurately. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Molecular Biology and Functional Genomics, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : The exosome, an evolutionarily conserved protein complex with exoribonucleolytic activity, is one of the key players in mRNA quality control. Little is known about the functions of the exosome in metazoans. We have studied the role of the exosome in nuclear mRNA surveillance using Chironomus tentans and Drosophila melanogaster as model systems. LÄS MER
3. Genotyping and Mutation Detection In Situ Development and application of single-molecule techniquesDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The human body is composed of trillions of cells closely working together to maintain a functional organism. Every cell is unique in molecular composition and can acquire genetic variations that might cause it to turn pathological. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Molekylärbiologi (Teknisk-naturvetenskaplig fakultet)
Sammanfattning : Transfer RNAs (tRNA) function as adaptor molecules in the translation of mRNA into protein. These adaptor molecules require modifications of a subset of their nucleosides for optimal function. The most frequently modified nucleoside in tRNA is position 34 (wobble position), and especially uridines present at this position. LÄS MER
5. Functional characterization of the biological significance of the ZBED6/ZC3H11A locus in placental mammalsDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The recent advances in molecular and computational biology have made possible the study of complicated transcriptional regulatory networks that control a wide range of biological processes and phenotypic traits. In this thesis, several approaches were combined including next generation sequencing, gene expression profiling, chromatin and RNA immunoprecipitation, bioinformatics and genome editing methods in order to characterize the biological significance of the ZBED6 and ZC3H11A genes. LÄS MER