Sökning: "low-and middle-income countries"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 53 avhandlingar innehållade orden low-and middle-income countries.
1. Integration of national community-based health worker programmes in health systems Lessons learned from Zambia and other low and middle income countriesDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå University
Sammanfattning : Background: To address the huge human resources for health (HRH) crisis that Zambia and other low and middle income countries (LMICs) are experiencing, most LMICs have engaged the services of small scale community-based health worker (CBHW) programmes. However, several challenges affect the CBHWs’ ability to deliver services. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Public Health Sciences
Sammanfattning : Background: Diarrhoeal diseases constitute a major disease burden on children in low- and middle-income countries (LMC), with an estimated 2 million 0-4 years old dying annually due to diarrhoea. Dehydration is the main cause of these deaths. An oral remedy based on glucose and sodium to treat dehydration was developed in the 1960s. LÄS MER
3. Essays on International Health Economics: The Role of Health Insurance in Health Care Financing in Low- and Middle-Income CountriesDetta är en avhandling från Department of Economics, Lund Universtiy
Sammanfattning : The thesis consists of an introductory chapter and four independent research papers, summarized as follows. The introductory chapter discusses the role of economics in international health and the policy contributions of each of the particular papers. In addition, the data and the methods that have been used are discussed. LÄS MER
4. A Journey towards Sustainable Small Wastewater Treatment Systems in Low and Lower–Middle Income CountriesDetta är en avhandling från Department of Economics, Lund Universtiy
Sammanfattning : The sustainability of small wastewater treatment systems (WWTSs) in low and lower-middle income countries represents a challenge in terms of functionality and optimal performance in the ongoing effort to treat wastewater sufficiently to enable safe discharge or reuse. The reuse of wastewater is a common practice in these countries, especially where water resources are scarce. LÄS MER
5. Specialized pediatric healthcare with limited resources: Surgery, anesthesia and oncology for children in low- and middle-income countriesDetta är en avhandling från Paediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Aim: This thesis serves two purposes. First, it informs specialists in global public health to consider a broader spectrum of pediatric disease. Second, it informs specialists in pediatric hospital care of how the feasibility of their clinical practice depends on a functioning health care system. LÄS MER