Sökning: "lipid rafts"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 32 avhandlingar innehållade orden lipid rafts.
1. Localisation of Fluorescent Probes and the estimation of Lipid Nanodomain sizes by modern fluorescence techniquesDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå Universitet
Sammanfattning : The thesis is divided into two major parts. The first part focuses on the localisation of probes in lipid/polymeric bilayers and in GM1 micelles. Included in this thesis is a new approach based on electronic energy transfer/migration (FRET/DDEM), which efficiently determines transversal positions of fluorescent molecules in lipid bilayers. LÄS MER
2. Membrane Proteins in Human Neutrophils - Identification and Characterization of Lipid Rafts in Subcellular OrganellesDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå Universitet
Sammanfattning : The human neutrophil is an important effector cell in acute inflammation and in the innate immune response against bacteria and fungi. When immune reactions occur in the tissue in response to antigen challenge, neutrophils are the first cells to enter the site of inflammation. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : The Wenner-Gren Institute, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : The plasma membrane of eukaryotic cells contains cholesterol and glycosphingolipids enriched nanodomains known as lipid rafts; which are believed to exist in a liquid ordered (lo) state. Methyl-beta-cyclodextrin (MBCD) is used to deplete cellular cholesterol and a widespread assumption is that MBCD preferentially targets cholesterol in lipid rafts. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : This thesis explores prostasomes and their ability to be used as a new diagnostic tool for prostate cancer. Alongside diagnosis, this thesis also suggests prostasomes as a tool for prognosis and therapeutic treatment in patients with prostate cancer. LÄS MER
5. Distribution of glycosphingolipids in nervous tissue. Immunohistochemical and biochemical studiesDetta är en avhandling från Göteborg
Sammanfattning : Glycosphingolipids (GSLs) are highly enriched in cell membranes of the mammalian nervous system. Their biological functions are not clarified although recent findings have supported their existence in plasma membrane domains, enriched in cholesterol, sphingomyelin and GSLs. LÄS MER