Sökning: "leukemia inhibitory factor"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 18 avhandlingar innehållade orden leukemia inhibitory factor.
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Oncology-Pathology
Sammanfattning : It is today generally accepted that the vast majority of malignant tumors arise as a result of genetic changes in critical genes involved in the tightly regulated control of cell growth and cell death. Despite the remarkable progress in the identification of such genes during the past two decades, many cancer genes probably remain to be identified. LÄS MER
2. Response mechanisms of normal hematopoietic cells and leukemic cells to genotoxic agents and novel therapeutic strategiesDetta är en avhandling från Experimental cancer research
Sammanfattning : Hematopoiesis is initiated by a rare population of hematopoietic stem cells (HSC) in the bone marrow (BM). HSCs give rise to red blood cells and white blood cells of myeloid and lymphoid lineages. LÄS MER
3. RUNX1/AML1 functions and mechanisms regulating granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor transcriptionDetta är en avhandling från Experimental cancer research
Sammanfattning : Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) is a multipotent cytokine involved in the production and function of hematopoietic cells, and GM-CSF plays in particular a major role in responses to infection and physiological and pathological inflammatory processes. GM-CSF is produced in many cell types, and increases in the intracellular Ca2+ concentration are, like in many other systems, of major importance in the intracellular signaling that determines GM-CSF expression after receptor stimulation of the cells. LÄS MER
4. In vitro studies on the potential immunosuppressive and antitumor effects of antidepressants : induction of apoptosis in human T-cells and a myeloid leukemia cell lineDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Antidepressants are widely used in treating depressive disorders. It has been demonstrated that several components of the immune system may be activated in the acute clinical stage of major depression and that such activation may play a role in the onset of depressive symptoms. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stem Cell Laboratory, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Hematopoietic stem cells (HSC), the ancestors of all blood cells, have the ability to give rise to mature effector cells through a series of developmental steps. This is a tightly regulated, though a highly dynamic process: on the one hand, dysregulation in steady-state could lead to under- or overgrowth of certain blood cell lineages, whereas, on the other hand, demands for certain mature blood cells can change dramatically in cases like bleeding and infections. LÄS MER