Sökning: "law of the sea"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 30 avhandlingar innehållade orden law of the sea.
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Law, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : International law provides a duty to rescue everyone in distress at sea. Rescue at sea often entails recovering survivors and bringing them on board ships or other rescue units. While their subsequent delivery and disembarkation may not always be controversial, they frequently are if those assisted are refugees and migrants. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Department of Law, Uppsala University
Sammanfattning : This dissertation concerns developments in international law which are occurring as a result of a coexistence of different regimes for adjudication. It traces the processes through which a treaty regime may develop into an autonomous legal order and considers the formation of relationships between international tribunals operating in regime contexts that embed certain values, political ideals and structural biases. LÄS MER
3. Transboundary Law for Social-Ecological Resilience? A Study on Eutrophication in the Baltic Sea AreaDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Department of Law, Uppsala University
Sammanfattning : This dissertation evaluates the role and effectiveness of law in the transboundary environmental governance of the Baltic Sea with regard to eutrophication. To this end, it reviews the applicable international agreements with their related instruments, as well as the EU legal frameworks, for the protection of the Baltic Sea environment on the basis of theories on resilience in social-ecological systems. LÄS MER
4. Environmentally Sound Management – Its status and role in the sea-land interface regulation of wastesDetta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Göteborgs universitet
Sammanfattning : Waste management is essential for ensuring the earth’s resilience and it remains one of the greatest challenges for our and future generations. As societies experience further population growth and economic development, waste management poses both challenges for the protection of the environment and human health. LÄS MER
5. Exploring the (re-)configuration of environmentally unsustainable practices Antifouling in the Baltic SeaDetta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Göteborgs universitet
Sammanfattning : This thesis explores how to (re-)configure environmentally unsustainable practices into more sustainable forms in the empirical context of leisure boat antifouling. Current antifouling practices predominantly involve the use of biocide-based paint to avoid the adherence of marine organisms to boats. LÄS MER