Sökning: "large openings"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 34 avhandlingar innehållade orden large openings.
1. FRCM-Composites for Strengthening Concrete Walls with Openings Experimental and Numerical AnalysisDetta är en avhandling från Luleå : Luleå University of Technology
Sammanfattning : Upgrading existing buildings to new functional requirements may require new openings that can weaken the structure, prompting the need for strengthening. In such cases, traditional strengthening solutions, such as creating a reinforced concrete or steel frame around the opening, imply long-term restrictions in the use of the structure. LÄS MER
2. Numerical predictions and measurement of non-isothermal airflows : evaluation of buoyant wall jets and airflow through large openingsDetta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköpings universitet
Sammanfattning : How can we attain a good indoor climate and at the same time reduce energy consumption? These issues are of particular interest in countries with cold climates, where the need for heating is large. It is important to design a HV AC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning) system that achieves a desirable indoor climate, where discomfort due to draft and thermal discomfort is avoided. LÄS MER
3. Distribution of Ventilation Air and Heat by Buoyancy Forces inside Buildings An Experimental StudyDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH
Sammanfattning : The main task of the ventilation system in a building is to maintain the air quality and (together with the heating or cooling system) the thermal climate at an acceptable level within the building. This means that a sufficient amount of ventilation air at the appropriate temperature and quality must be supplied to satisfy thermal comfort and air quality demands and that this air is distributed to the parts of the building where people reside. LÄS MER
4. Natural Ventilation and Air Infiltration in Large Single‑Zone Buildings Measurements and Modelling with Reference to Historical ChurchesDetta är en avhandling från Gävle : Gävle University Press
Sammanfattning : Natural ventilation is the dominating ventilation process in ancient buildings like churches, and also in most domestic buildings in Sweden and in the rest of the world. These buildings are naturally ventilated via air infiltration and airing. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Luleå tekniska universitet
Sammanfattning : The thesis deals with the axial strength of axially and eccentrically loaded concrete walls with cut-out openings strengthened by fiber-reinforced polymers (FRPs).Background: Functional modifications of concrete structures are common because existing structures must often be adapted to comply with current living standards. LÄS MER