Sökning: "landscape history"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 278 avhandlingar innehållade orden landscape history.
- Detta är en avhandling från Linnaeus University
Sammanfattning : This thesis deals with history and history-making practices in Alor, a small island in southeastern Indonesia. As in all of Indonesia, the people of Alor have experienced European colonialism, and after independence, a period of centralised, authoritarian rule under the New Order (1965-1998). LÄS MER
2. On the complexity of dealing with introduced plants as cultural heritage : a historical multidisciplinary study of plants introduced to Norway from 1750 to 1900, exemplified with Abies alba Mill. (European silver fir) as a case speciesDetta är en avhandling från Ås : Norwegian University of Life Science, Faculty of Landscape and Society
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
3. I det modernas landskap. Historisk orientering och kritiska berättelser om det moderna Sverige mellan 1960 och 1990Detta är en avhandling från Brutus Östlings Bokförlag Symposion
Sammanfattning : The aim of the study is to make visible a field of conflicting narratives of modern Sweden expressed by different political groups and to contribute to the working through of the conflict of interpretation. Four political challenges to the established success story of Sweden's development from a poor society to modern welfare state, are analysed: the Left in the 1960s, the new Women's movement in the 1970s, the Alternative movement and the Environmental Party in the late 1970s and early 1980s and, finally, the liberal challenge of the Moderates in the 1980s. LÄS MER
4. Taming Exotic Beauties Swedish Hydro Power Constructions in Tanzania in the Era of Development Assistance, 1960s - 1990sDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : This study analyses the history of a large hydroelectric scheme – the Great Ruaha power project in Tanzania. The objective is to establish why and how this specific scheme came about, and as part of this to identify the key actors involved in the decision-making process, including the ideological contexts within which they acted. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Umeå : Historiska studier
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis is to shed light upon the construction of identity within the Swedish- Canadian immigrant group during the first half of the 20th century. The most important sources of ethnic and nationalistic influences this study scrutinizes are the homeland Sweden, Swedish-America, Scandinavian-Canada and the Canadian host society. LÄS MER