Sökning: "landscape geography"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 152 avhandlingar innehållade orden landscape geography.
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Deprtment of Human Geography, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Landscapes are complex systems composed of multiscale hierarchically organized entities that interact within unique spatial and temporal scales. These interactions result in scaledependent spatial patterns that visually change depending upon the scale at which they are observed. LÄS MER
2. A History under Siege Intensive Agriculture in the Mbulu Highlands, Tanzania, 19th Century to the PresentDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Acta Universitatis Stockholmiensis
Sammanfattning : This doctoral thesis examines the history of the Iraqw’ar Da/aw area in the Mbulu Highlands of northern Tanzania. Since the late nineteenth century this area has been known for its intensive cultivation, and referred to as an “island” within a matrix of less intensive land use. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Kulturgeografiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This study challenges two general opinions concerning the beginning of iron-making in blast furnaces in early medieval times in one of Sweden’s oldest mining district, (I) that iron was the reason for colonisation in early medieval times and (II) that independent “mining-peasants” (Sw. bergsmän) colonised the medieval mining fields and developed iron-making. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Lund University Press
Sammanfattning : Since their emergence in the late 19th century, national park spaces have been perceived as articulations of untouched nature or wild landscape beyond society. Yet no understanding of national parks can do without the recognition that they exist in historical spaces created, institutionalised and prepared for them by cultural practices and modes of representation. LÄS MER
5. Change and Persistence in a Reformed Landscape : A geographical analysis of land reforms and landscape change in Muhu and Rapla municipalities, Estonia, c. 1840 to 2003Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Kulturgeografiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : A land reform is usually introduced to create conditions for change, either in agriculture or in the character of landownership. Since the middle of the 19th century, numerous radical land reforms have been implemented in rural Estonia, often at times of political and social upheaval. LÄS MER