Sökning: "lactic acid fermentation"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 42 avhandlingar innehållade orden lactic acid fermentation.
1. Fermentation as a Means of Optimizing the Glycaemic Index - Food Mechanisms and Metabolic Merits with Emphasis on Lactic Acid in Cereal Products
Sammanfattning : In current recommendations from FAO/WHO, foods that elicit low glycaemic responses and thus have low glycaemic indices (GIs) are advocated. The rationale for this recommendation is that low-GI diets have been shown to reduce risk factors for e.g. type II diabetes and cardiovascular disease. LÄS MER
2. Lactic acid production: extractive fermentation in aqueous two-phase systems
Sammanfattning : There is an increased interest in the microbial production of lactic acid as a raw material for the synthesis of lactic acid polymers as biodegradable plastics. However, two factors limit the economical competitiveness of lactic acid production by microorganisms: lactic acid inhibition, which decreases both fermentation rate and the maximum lactic acid concentration, and the efficiency in the recovery of lactic acid. LÄS MER
3. Nutritional improvement by lactic acid fermentation : studies on iron availability and postprandial glucose/insulin response
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
4. Lactic acid bacteria fermentations in oat-based suspensions
Sammanfattning : This thesis deals with the fermentation characteristics of lactic acid bacteria (LAB) in oat-based suspensions, with formulation work of fermented products based on oat and with nutritional studies of these products. Changes in structure in terms of viscosity and ropiness were studied when exopolysaccharide (EPS)-producing LAB strains, namely, Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. LÄS MER
5. Influence of Lactic Acid Fermentation on Enteropathogenic Bacteria. Growth Inhibition in Cereal Gruels and in Human Intestine
Sammanfattning : Togwa, a lactic-fermented cereal gruel, is widely consumed in Tanzania as a soft drink or used as a complementary food for young children. Studies were conducted to evaluate the potential of togwa to inhibit growth of common enteropathogenic bacteria and heat-labile (LT) enterotoxin production. LÄS MER