Sökning: "knowledge management"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 1822 avhandlingar innehållade orden knowledge management.
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Försvarshögskolan (FHS)
Sammanfattning : Organisations have been analytically conceptualised as being somewhat analogous to individuals for a long time. They have culture; they can learn; and they can behave in various odd ways. LÄS MER
2. In search of known unknowns : an empirical investigation of the peripety of a knowledge management systemDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Företagsekonomiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : In their quest to secure their level of competitiveness, organizations have turned their attention to a specific type of information technology (IT) solution referred to as knowledge management systems (KMS). Research recurrently views and defines such system as IT-tools that mainly enable the collection, storing and diffusion of knowledge within the boundaries of the organization. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Construction Management, Department of Construction Sciences, Lund University
Sammanfattning : The construction sector has been criticised in recent years for being inefficient. The critique involved describes finished buildings as having flaws and there being a lack of interest within the construction sector in assembling knowledge and sharing experience. LÄS MER
4. Standardized Knowledge Transfer A study of Project-Based Organizations in the Construction and IT SectorsDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : School of Business, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Standardized knowledge transfer in project-based organizations is analyzed. The empirical material considered comes from 11 recurring projects from two sectors: the construction sector and the IT sector. LÄS MER
5. Reuse of Engineering Knowledge: Perspectives on Experience-Based Codified Knowledge in Incremental Product DevelopmentDetta är en avhandling från Gothenburg : Chalmers tekniska högskola
Sammanfattning : Product development is a knowledge-intensive activity and as products become more complex and competition intensifies, the amount of knowledge increases. A prerequisite for engineers who apply current best practices and continuously improve their working methodologies is to efficiently reuse existing knowledge. LÄS MER