Sökning: "intracerebral transplantation"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 8 avhandlingar innehållade orden intracerebral transplantation.
1. Toward a restorative therapy for Parkinson´s disease. Studies on the functional efficacy of intracerebral fetal cell transplants and GDNF deliveryDetta är en avhandling från Department of Physiological Sciences, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Parkinson´s disease is characterized by a progressive degeneration of the nigral dopaminergic system. Treatment of disease symptoms using L-DOPA frequently induces side effects such as L-DOPA-induced dyskinesia. LÄS MER
2. Restorative and neuroprotective treatment strategies for Parkinson’s disease: tudies on fetal dopamine cell transplants and GDNF delivery by intracerebral injections and recombinant AAV vectorsDetta är en avhandling från Department of Physiological Sciences, Lund University
Sammanfattning : The intrastriatal 6-hydroxydopamine lesion model in rats is particularly useful in studies testing new therapeutic strategies for Parkinson’s disease. This thesis work (1) describes the characterization of the motor deficits after different types of intrastriatal lesions and identifies the four-site terminal lesion as a model of symptomatic Parkinson’s disease; (2) using the same model, provides evidence that the functional impact of the dopamine cell grafts are dependent on interactions with the host brain; (3) demonstrates that protection or restitution of normal motor function after 6-hydroxydopamine lesions can be achieved if glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor is administered in the striatum at the time of the terminal fiber degeneration. LÄS MER
3. Mechanisms and time course of cell death in embryonic nigral tissue and intrastriatal transplantsDetta är en avhandling från Section for Neuronal Survival, Wallenberg Neuroscience Center, BMC A10, 221 84 Lund
Sammanfattning : Parkinson’s disease (PD) is the second most common neurodegenerative disorder and severely affects about one in a hundred persons over the age of fifty years. In PD, there is a reduced striatal concentration of the neurotransmittor dopamine, mainly caused by a degeneration of the dopaminergic neurons in the substantia nigra. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Physiological Sciences, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Over the past two decades, grafting of embryonic nigral tissue has developed into a feasible therapeutic strategy for Parkinson's disease (PD). It has become apparent that the degree of restoration of dopaminergic neurotransmission by the transplanted cells is highly correlated to the symptomatic relief. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Wallenberg Neuroscience Center, BMC, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Transplantation of embryonic human neural tissue can restore function in patients with Parkinson’s disease, but there is a severe shortage of donor tissue which limits the applicability of the technique. Embryonic neural tissue from other species, xenogeneic tissue, would provide a readily accessible donor tissue with the potential to help patients if the immunological reactions in the host could be prevented. LÄS MER