Sökning: "international operations"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 90 avhandlingar innehållade orden international operations.
1. International Humanitarian Law and Influence Operations : The Protection of Civilians from Unlawful Communication Influence Activities during Armed Conflict
Sammanfattning : Contemporary armed conflicts are not only fought with physical means and methods. Increasingly, in order to achieve military and political objectives, parties to armed conflicts use communication activities to influence individuals. Armed groups such as ISIS use online propaganda to instil terror and recruit new fighters to their cause. LÄS MER
2. Protection of Personnel in Peace Operations : The Role of the 'Safety Convention' against the Background of General International Law
Sammanfattning : The 1994 Convention on the Safety of United Nations and Associated Personnel (Safety Convention) was the first multilateral convention to deal specifically with the protection of personnel engaged in peace operations. It should be viewed against the background of the increasingly volatile environments in which peace operation personnel were required to operate at the beginning of the 1990s. LÄS MER
3. On the Virtual Borderline: Cyber Operations and their Impact on the Paradigms for Peace and War : Aspects of International and Swedish Domestic Law
Sammanfattning : Contemporary disputes between states contain elements of psychological and information operations, intelligence operations and cyber operations as well as methods for physical use of force. Cyber operations may use, or contribute to, all of these different techniques and methods combined and can be focused on intelligence gathering, preparation of networks for future attacks, sabotage or on preventing access to information. LÄS MER
4. International Financial Institutions and Labour Standards : A Legal Study of the Role of These Institutions in the Promotion and Implementation of Freedom of Association and Collective Bargaining
Sammanfattning : This dissertation examines the legal implications of the operations of international financial institutions (IFIs) on international labour standards on freedom of association and collective bargaining. International financial institutions provide financial assistance to member states for development activities and attach conditionality to their lending. LÄS MER
5. International organizations as peacemakers : The evolution and effectiveness of intergovernmental instruments to end civil war
Sammanfattning : Across four self-contained essays, this dissertation seeks to identify which features make international organizations (IOs) effective peacemakers in modern civil wars. The first essay introduces an original dataset on the institutional design of 21 peace-brokering IOs between 1945 and 2010. LÄS MER