Sökning: "international competition"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 129 avhandlingar innehållade orden international competition.
1. Insurance and cartels through wars and depressions : Swedish Marine insurance and reinsurance between the World Wars
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis is to enhance our understanding of Swedish marine insurers' choices of business strategies under the potentially difficult business circumstances of the interwar period 1918-1939. Little previous research exists on marine insurance during the interwar period. LÄS MER
2. Firms, International Competition, and the Labor Market
Sammanfattning : Essay 1: We propose a model of cross-border acquisitions in which multinational enterprises (MNEs) and private equity-firms (PE) compete over domestic assets. MNEs' advantage lies in firm-specific synergies, whereas PE-firms are good at restructuring. LÄS MER
3. Essays on International Trade : Theory and Evidence on the Determinants and Implications of Firms' Import Behaviour
Sammanfattning : This thesis aspires to further contribute to our understanding of both the determinants as well as the implications of intermediate goods trade. Faced with intensifying global competition, firms are increasingly developing their production process and their sourcing strategies beyond national borders in order to take advantage of lower costs, superior quality and technological advances. LÄS MER
4. School Leaders' View on Market Forces and Decentralisation : Case Studies in a Swedish municipality and an English County
Sammanfattning : The overall aim of this study is to describe and analyse some of the consequences of market forces and decentralisation in the educational systems of Sweden and England.Since the 1980s, many countries have restructured their educational systems and introduced decentralisation and market forces. LÄS MER
5. International Competition, Productivity and Regional Spillovers
Sammanfattning : This thesis addresses empirically the interplay among international trade, foreign direct investment (FDI) and domestic market conditions, and its impact on competition, growth, exports and technology diffusion. Chapter two considers the potential relation between regional integration and productivity growth for the case of the European Union (EU). LÄS MER