Sökning: "internal fixation"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 41 avhandlingar innehållade orden internal fixation.
- Detta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköpings universitet
Sammanfattning : The incidence of femoral neck fractures in elderly people is rising requiring large health care resources. Internal fixation of the fracture is the treatment of choice in Scandinavia, but in 20-40% of the cases a late complication such as a segmental collapse of the femoral head after initial bone necrosis, or a non-union of the fracture because of non-healing, will occur. LÄS MER
2. Displaced Femoral Neck Fractures A prospective randomized study of clinical outcome, nutrition and costsDetta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : Displaced femoral neck fractures comprise more than a third of all hip fractures. There is controversy as to the optimal treatment. Despite attempts to improve the methods for internal fixation, complication rates have been almost unchanged: 20-40% non-union and late segmental collapse in another 10-20%. LÄS MER
3. External Fixation of Femoral Fractures in Children Clinical, radiological and functional outcome and cost analysisDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The overall aim of this thesis was to evaluate the outcome when treating children for displaced femoral fractures with external fixation.In a consecutive and prospective study during the period 1993-2000, 96 children aged 3-15 years with 98 displaced femoral fractures were treated with external fixation and early mobilisation. The mean age was 8. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Cecilia Rogmark, Dept. Of Orthopaedics, Malmö University Hospital, SE-205 02 MALMÖ, Sweden
Sammanfattning : Hip fractures are a common cause of morbidity and mortality in elderly patients, with a high risk of functional impairment and institutionalization. The incidence and number of hip fractures have increased during the recent decades and hip fractures consume considerable health-care resources. LÄS MER
5. Alternative techniques in trochanteric hip fracture surgery. Clinical and biomechanical studies on the Medoff sliding plate and the Twin hookDetta är en avhandling från Department of Orthopaedics, Lund University
Sammanfattning : In allowing compression along the femoral shaft (uniaxial dynamization) and optional compression along the femoral neck (biaxial dynamization), the Medoff sliding plate (MSP) represents a new principle in the fixation of trochanteric hip fractures. The Twin hook with 2 apical hooks was designed as an alternative to the lag screw. LÄS MER