Sökning: "internal dosimetry"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 12 avhandlingar innehållade orden internal dosimetry.
- Detta är en avhandling från Cecilia Hindorf, Dept. of Medical Radiation Physics, Lund University Hospital, SE-221 85 Lund, Sweden
Sammanfattning : Internal dosimetry deals with the assessment of absorbed dose for radionuclides distributed inside the body. The absorbed dose is in its turn used for correlation with the biological effect caused by the irradiation. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Medical Radiation Physics, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Radionuclide therapy requires patient-specific planning of the absorbed dose to target volumes, in most cases tumours, in order to achieve an expected biological effect, taking into account that the absorbed doses to normal organs and tissues should be kept as low as reasonably achievable. Therefore, the calculation of absorbed doses has to be as accurate as possible. LÄS MER
3. Quantification Methods for Clinical Studies in Nuclear Medicine - Applications in AMS, PET/CT and SPECT/CTDetta är en avhandling från Lund University, dept. of Medical Radiation Physics
Sammanfattning : An essential part of the development of new radiopharmaceuticals for use in diagnostic nuclear medicine is the determination of its biokinetic properties. The uptake and turn-over of the radiopharmaceutical in the source organs is of great interest since this could determine whether the radiopharmaceutical would be suitable for clinical use or not. LÄS MER
4. Realistic tissue dosimetry models using Monte Carlo simulations. Applications for radionuclide therapiesDetta är en avhandling från Department of Medical Radiation Physics, Clinical Sciences, Lund, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Radionuclide therapy (RNT) is a generic term for treatment modalities that use a radionuclide labeled to a target-specific molecule. This so-called radiopharmaceutical accumulates in the target, where the ionizing radiation damages the cells. At sufficient levels of radiation, the cells cannot repair themselves. LÄS MER
5. Small-Scale Absorbed Dose Modelling in Selective Internal Radiation Therapy Microsphere Distribution in Normal Liver TissueDetta är en avhandling från Göteborg : University of Gothenburg
Sammanfattning : Radioembolisation (RE), with yttrium-90 (90Y) labelled microspheres, is an increasingly common treatment method for unresectable liver tumours. The tolerable mean absorbed dose for normal liver (NL) tissue is higher in RE than in External Beam Radiation Therapy (EBRT); absorbed dose heterogeneity is thought to be one important reason, together with a low absorbed dose rate, but the knowledge of microsphere distributions is limited. LÄS MER