Sökning: "injury mitigation"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 8 avhandlingar innehållade orden injury mitigation.
1. Serious occupational injuries by "accidents" : possible means of prevention and injury mitigation
Sammanfattning : An analysis of the circumstances preceding severe occupational injuries as a consequence of impacts has shown that well-known risks are of great importance in 75 per cent of the cases. This indicates that the subjective cause "neglect" is common. The negligence is distributed to the same extent among employers as among employees. LÄS MER
2. Towards Crash-Free Driving: Opportunities and Limitations of Automated Emergency Braking in Intersections
Sammanfattning : Intersections are a global traffic safety concern. In the Unites States, about half of the fatal road traffic accidents take place at intersections or were related to them. In the European Union, about one fifth of the road traffic fatalities occur at intersections. LÄS MER
3. Predicting Safety Benefits of Automated Emergency Braking at Intersections - Virtual simulations based on real-world accident data
Sammanfattning : Introduction: Intersections are a global traffic safety concern. In the United States, around half of all fatal road traffic accidents take place at intersections or were related to them. In the European Union, about one fifth of road traffic fatalities occur at intersections. LÄS MER
4. Experimental cardiopulmonary cerebral resuscitation : with special reference to cerebral eicosanoid production and free radical scavengers
Sammanfattning : Reperfusion injury after restoration of spontaneous circulation (ROSC) is often considered one of the predominant factors in determining neurological outcome in cardiac arrest. Therefore one of the main targets of experimental and clinical studies has been to mitigate this reperfusion injury. LÄS MER
5. Whiplash Associated Disorders in Frontal and Rear-End Car Impacts - Biomechanical Guidelines and Evaluation Criteria based on Accident Data and Occupant Modelling
Sammanfattning : Whiplash associated disorders, also called whiplash injuries or AIS1 neck injuries, represent one of the most significant types of injury in car crashes regarding both frequency and long-term consequences. The injury mechanisms are not fully understood, thus making it difficult to design and evaluate protection systems in cars. LÄS MER