Sökning: "indirect calorimetry"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 31 avhandlingar innehållade orden indirect calorimetry.
1. Energy expenditure and substrate utilization in surgical patients : a study using indirect calorimetryDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg : University of Gothenburg
Sammanfattning : Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (gastric bypass) is an effective surgical technique for treating morbid obesity. The objective of this thesis is to increase knowledge of long-term outcomes of gastric bypass surgery and to elucidate some of the associated mechanisms of action. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Lund University, Division of Building Materials
Sammanfattning : Biological organisms have an incredible ability to adapt to almost any environment and the humans activities on earth have created many new habitats for different kinds of organisms. For example can certain organisms grow on rocks and vertical cliffs, and when humans started building houses with mineral based façades, some organisms found that these were new habitats to live on. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis was to investigate the role of insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) and interleukin-6 (IL-6) in the regulation of metabolism and body fat mass. Circulating IGF-I is mainly liver derived, while a large part of circulating IL-6 is produced by adipose tissue. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Obesity is associated with increased morbidity and mortality. A BMI >40 kg/m2 shortens life expectancy by about 10 years. The obesity related comorbidities diabetes, hypertension, dyslipidemia and sleep apnea contributes to the increased risk of cardiovascular events. There is also an increased risk of some forms of cancer (e. LÄS MER