Sökning: "income inequality"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 103 avhandlingar innehållade orden income inequality.
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : During the last decades the interest in measuring income inequality has substantially increased. In this work we consider measures related to the Lorenz Curve, e g the Gini coefficient. These measures are decomposable^ g the inequality in disposable income can be assigned to various income sources. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Economics, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : Consumption Dynamics under Time-Varying Unemployment Risk We study the response of households' demand for durable goods to fluctuations in unemployment risk. First, using survey data, we document that household durable expenditures react strongly to unemployment risk, while the effect on nondurable expenditures is indistinguishable from zero. LÄS MER
3. Others’ income, one’s own fate How income inequality, relative social position and social comparisons contribute to disparities in healthDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Sociology, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : The overall aim of this thesis is to contribute to a greater understanding of how social inequalities in health evolve causally and to explore the missing links between social position and health in different social and economic contexts.A premise in the thesis is that in affluent societies, not only material aspects and purchasing power linked to income and social positions are important explanations for the health of individuals, but also the relative socio-economic standards in society. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Göteborg University
Sammanfattning : The focal point of all papers in this thesis is income inequality in Chile. In some of them household income is analyzed, in others monthly earnings or the wage rate are used. In the first and fourth paper a long-run analysis is done, while in the second and third I concentrate my attention only on the 1990s. LÄS MER
5. Inequality, Poverty and Income Mobility - Studies based om micro data for the city of Göteborg, Sweden, 1925-2003Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg : Göteborg University
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER