Sökning: "humanitarian law"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 24 avhandlingar innehållade orden humanitarian law.
1. Themis v. Xiezhi: Assessing Judicial Independence in the People's Republic of China under International Human Rights LawDetta är en avhandling från Jonas Grimheden, [email protected]
Sammanfattning : The first of three parts in this study elaborates on international human rights law and drawing on the most essential international instruments and jurisprudence, the criteria constituting judicial independence are distilled as a framework for assessment. The point of departure is that judicial independence is a necessary guarantee for the enjoyment of human rights rather than a privilege of judges. LÄS MER
2. International Humanitarian Law and Influence Operations : The Protection of Civilians from Unlawful Communication Influence Activities during Armed ConflictDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : Contemporary armed conflicts are not only fought with physical means and methods. Increasingly, in order to achieve military and political objectives, parties to armed conflicts use communication activities to influence individuals. Armed groups such as ISIS use online propaganda to instil terror and recruit new fighters to their cause. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Örebro : Örebro universitet
Sammanfattning : The prevalence of rape and its widespread impunity, whether committed during armed conflict or peacetime, has been firmly condemned by the UN and its prohibition has been consistently recognised in international law. This development, however, is a rather novel endeavour. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Law, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : International law provides a duty to rescue everyone in distress at sea. Rescue at sea often entails recovering survivors and bringing them on board ships or other rescue units. While their subsequent delivery and disembarkation may not always be controversial, they frequently are if those assisted are refugees and migrants. LÄS MER
5. Institutionalisation of corporate social responsibilities : synergies between the practices of leading multinational enterprises and human rights law/policyDetta är en avhandling från Department of Law, Lund University
Sammanfattning : The study accounts for recent developments in corporate voluntarism and assesses the evolving corporate social responsibility (CSR) regime. CSR proposes a new norm for how large businesses should approach complexity in a modern economy. The first chapter anchors the CSR discussion in a company law and corporate governance context. LÄS MER