Sökning: "hot humid climate"
Hittade 5 avhandlingar innehållade orden hot humid climate.
1. Controlling Indoor Climate. Passive cooling of residential buildings in hot-humid climates in China
Sammanfattning : Overheating is a paramount problem in residential buildings in hot-humid climates in China during summer. This study aims to deal with the overheating problem and the problem of poor air quality in dwellings. LÄS MER
2. Urban Design and Outdoor Thermal Comfort in Warm Climates. Studies in Fez and Colombo
Sammanfattning : In many developing tropical countries, rapid urban growth leads to several problems, including increased thermal stress. This has negative consequences for people's health and well-being, and affects social and commercial outdoor activities negatively. LÄS MER
3. Improvement of Thermal Comfort in Buildings through Passive Design
Sammanfattning : In hot humid regions the high outdoor temperature has negative effects on the indoor temperature of buildings that are not designed to cope with the local climate. This leads to discomfort for the occupants. LÄS MER
4. Advances in Thermal Insulation : Vacuum Insulation Panels and Thermal Efficiency to Reduce Energy Usage in Buildings
Sammanfattning : We are coming to realize that there is an urgent need to reduce energy usage in buildings and it has to be done in a sustainable way. This thesis focuses on the performance of the building envelope; more precisely thermal performance of walls and super insulation material in the form of vacuum insulation. LÄS MER
5. Friction in threaded fasteners : Influence of materials and tooling
Sammanfattning : Threaded fasteners represent the most common type of machine element, with a unique function that facilitates ease of assembly and disassembly. This ease of disassembly allows machine parts to be reused, refurbished, and recycled. LÄS MER