Sökning: "host genetic and detection methods"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 8 avhandlingar innehållade orden host genetic and detection methods.
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Biosciences and Nutrition
Sammanfattning : The present study has focused on DNA adduct formation by two important industrial and environmental chemicals, ethene and butadiene, in rats and humans. Ethene and butadiene are among the 50 chemicals produced in greatest volume in the United States. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Microbiology, Tumor and Cell Biology
Sammanfattning : Diarrheal diseases are still one of the major health problems in developing countries with rotavirus (RV) being the most important pathogen of severe diarrhea in young children. Norovirus (NoV), a common cause of gastroenteritis is now recognized as an important cause of sporadic diarrhea and hospitalization in children worldwide. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery
Sammanfattning : Cervical cancer is the second most common cancer among women worldwide. Persistent HPV has been identified as a main risk factor in cervical cancer development. Oncoproteins E6 and E7 of highrisk HPV interact with cellular proteins, subverting cell cycle checkpoint, inducing carcinogenesis. LÄS MER
4. Early stage inflammation and cancer as reflected in the gastrointestinal mucus composition: implications for diagnosis, prognosis and pathogenesisDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Karolinska Institutet, Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery
Sammanfattning : Mucus covers our inner interfaces towards the environment, providing protection while enabling vital interaction with the outside world. The mucus is built around mucin proteins, which are important for our defences against infection and inflammation, but may also contribute to carcinogenesis and tumour progression. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Linköping : Linköping University Electronic Press
Sammanfattning : Norovirus (NoV) is today recognized as the most important agent of acute human gastroenteritis, causing a high number of diarrheal episodes in both adults and children. Outbreaks in hospitals, nursing homes, day-care centers, and from consumption of contaminated food and drinking water are common. Wastewater can be a source of NoV dissemination, e. LÄS MER