Sökning: "hospital nurses"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 187 avhandlingar innehållade orden hospital nurses.
1. Towards a shared understanding : Exploring encounters in hospital care from the perspectives of nurses and patients
Sammanfattning : The overall aim of this licentiate thesis was to describe encounters in hospital care from the perspectives of nurses and patients. It focuses specifically on nurses’ views of shortcomings in patient-care encounters in one hospital (I) and the meanings of participation in hospital care as narrated by patients (II). LÄS MER
2. Support for women with breast cancer, and for the district and hospital nurses involved : an intervention study
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this study was to investigate breast cancer patients’ experiences of their illness and of traditional nursing care (TNC) or supportive nursing care (SNC) respectively, as well as nurses' experiences of support and of caring for cancer patients. An intervention including extended co-operation between the surgical ward and primary health care, shorter waiting times, and changed routines concerning the information about the diagnosis, as well as training and systematic clinical supervision for the nurses, was implemented. LÄS MER
3. Newly graduated registered nurses’ clinical competence, professional development and work situation : In acute care hospital settings
Sammanfattning : The overall aim of this thesis was to explore and describe newly graduated registered nurses’ self-assessed clinical competences, professional development, work situation, and perceptions of managing nursing care in complex patient situations during their first 18 months of clinical practice in acute care hospital settings.Methods: Cross-sectional and longitudinal data were collected from NGRNs with 2-15 months of work experience using the instrument Professional Nurse Self-Assessment Scale of clinical core competences II. LÄS MER
4. Recovery following hip fracture surgery - The perspectives of older people, close relatives, and nurses working in an orthopedic ward
Sammanfattning : This thesis falls within the field of nursing and focuses on older people’s recovery after hip fracture surgery in a rural context. A fall-related hipfracture is a common and severe health issue that affects older people, leaving them vulnerable and in need of support from close relatives and healthcare personnel during recovery. LÄS MER
5. Children at risk? Hospital social workers’ and their colleagues’ assessment and reporting experiences
Sammanfattning : This thesis explores factors that influence professional discretion in Swedish hospital professionals’ assessment of children who may be at risk of harm. It is based on two data samplings, interviews with fourteen hospital social workers and a questionnaire with 295 responding physicians, nurses, nurse assistants and hospital social workers. LÄS MER