Sökning: "history of botany"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 57 avhandlingar innehållade orden history of botany.
1. Trädgårdsmästarens förökningsmetoder – schema och katalog över förökningsdelar vid vegetativ förökning av fleråriga örtartade växterDetta är en avhandling från Göteborg : University of Gothenburg
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this licentiate thesis is to gather and classify information about traditional vegetative propagation of perennial herbaceous plants. This thesis is the first, self-contained part of a survey of propagation methods used by horticulturists. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Göteborg : University of Gothenburg
Sammanfattning : Different plants have played an important role historically in the subsistence of the native Sami people of northern Fennoscandia. Generally, their use of plants have however been regarded as less vital in their overall subsistence and in comparison to the domesticated reindeer and the hunted game and fish. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : A series of phylogenetic analyses using nucleotide sequence data resolves many aspects of the relationships in a group of land plants that until now have received comparatively little attention, the homosporous lycopsids or Lycopodiaceae. Although the group has evolved as an isolated lineage ever since the Late Devonian (more than 470 Myr ago), little is known about how modern species diversity relate to this ancient history. LÄS MER
4. A Utopian Quest for Universal Knowledge Diachronic Histories of Botanical Collections between the Sixteenth Century and the PresentDetta är en avhandling från Stockholm : KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Sammanfattning : This thesis explores the history of botany as a global collection-based science by tracing parallels between utopian traditions and botanical collecting, from their sixteenth-century beginnings to the present. A range of botanical collections, such as gardens, herbaria and classification systems, have played a central role in the struggle to discover a global or universal scientific order for the chaotic, diverse and locally shaped kingdom of plants. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Stockholm : Department of Botany, Stockholm University
Sammanfattning : The angiosperm genus Gunnera consists of 30-40 species mainly distributed in Africa, New Zealand, Tasmania, South America, the Malay Archipelago and Hawaii. Because of its distribution in almost all parts of the Southern Hemisphere and to its 90 millions year's history on Earth, Gunnera is especially interesting for its biogeography. LÄS MER