Sökning: "heme oxygenase"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 12 avhandlingar innehållade orden heme oxygenase.
1. Macrophages, Nitric oxide synthases and Heme oxygenases: possible roles during peripheral nerve regenerationDetta är en avhandling från Department of Animal Physiology, Lund University
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this study was to investigate the suggestions that macrophages, and the systems generating nitric oxide (NO) and carbon monoxide (CO), i.e. nitric oxide synthases (NOS) and heme oxygenases (HO), could be important for peripheral nerve regeneration. LÄS MER
2. Novel Fatty Acid Dioxygenases of Human and Plant Pathogenic Fungi Studies by Gene Deletion and ExpressionDetta är en avhandling från Uppsala : Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis
Sammanfattning : The dioxygenase-cytochrome P450 fusion proteins (DOX-CYP) comprise a heme-containing enzyme family that shares structural and catalytic properties with mammalian prostaglandin H (PGH) synthases. 7,8-Linoleate diol synthase (7,8-LDS) of Gaeumannomyces graminis was first characterized, and DOX-CYP enzymes are of mechanistic and biological interest. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University
Sammanfattning : Microorganisms are everywhere! They can tolerate many diverse extreme environments, such as the human body. Even though many of us might associate the word microorganism with infections and disease, most are actually either harmless or even beneficial for us. LÄS MER
4. Response mechanisms of normal hematopoietic cells and leukemic cells to genotoxic agents and novel therapeutic strategiesDetta är en avhandling från Experimental cancer research
Sammanfattning : Hematopoiesis is initiated by a rare population of hematopoietic stem cells (HSC) in the bone marrow (BM). HSCs give rise to red blood cells and white blood cells of myeloid and lymphoid lineages. LÄS MER
5. Regulation of Insulin Secretion in Relation to Nitric Oxide, Carbon Monoxide and Acid alpha-Glucoside Hydrolase ActivitiesDetta är en avhandling från Department of Experimental Medical Science, Lund Univeristy
Sammanfattning : The main stimulus for insulin secretion is elevated blood glucose levels. In this thesis the aim was to study less well-known systems involved in the complex regulation of glucose-stimulated insulin release, emphasizing the role of the lysosomal/vacuolar system and the associated glycogenolytic acid alpha-glucoside hydrolases, but also the HO-CO and NOS-NO systems. LÄS MER