Sökning: "health and childhood"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 874 avhandlingar innehållade orden health and childhood.
1. Nutrition and health in infancy and childhood an epidemiological approach to the assessment of dietary habits, their determinants and implications
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis is to describe the distribution of feeding habits and dietary habits of Swedish children of different ages, to search for determinants of the observed distributions and to analyse some possible implications of those habits regarding health and growth. The present results emanate from a longitudinal study of feeding, growth and development of 312 infants and from a cross-sectional study on the dietary habits of 738 children aged 4,8 and 13 years. LÄS MER
2. Health promotion in pregnancy and early parenthood the challenge of innovation, implementation and change within the Salut ProgrammeDetta är en avhandling från Umeå : Umeå Universitet
Sammanfattning : Background: In 2005, the Västerbotten County Council launched a child health promotion programme, “the Salut Programme”, in response to an alarming prevalence of overweight and obesity, and trends of increased dental caries, among young county citizens. The programme, initially developed in four pilot areas, is built on multidisciplinary and cross-sectoral collaboration and aims to support and strengthen health promotion activities in health care, social services and school settings. LÄS MER
3. Epidemiological studies of sociodemographic factors, early life factors, health, and medical care consumption among small childrenDetta är en avhandling från Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University
Sammanfattning : By international standards, children in Sweden experience good health. Sweden has low infant mortality rates, low accident mortality rates, a high number of breastfed children and a high proportion of vaccinated children. LÄS MER
4. Children with spina bifida and their mothers in Palestine. Lived experiences, self perceived health and sense of coherenceDetta är en avhandling från Göteborgs universitet
Sammanfattning : ABSTRACT The overall aim in this thesis was to describe the lived experiences of children with spina bifida (SB) and their mothers while living under specific social and cultural conditions in West Bank, Palestine. A further aim was to gain knowledge about the impact of SB on self-perceived health and sense of coherence (SOC) among a group of children and adolescents with SB in comparison to their healthy peers. LÄS MER
- Detta är en avhandling från Karolinska institutet, Stockholm
Sammanfattning : In today’s globalised world, with considerable international migration, knowledge about the health of immigrants is becoming increasingly important. In Sweden, about 13% of the population or over one million persons are born outside the country. LÄS MER