Sökning: "hadron physics"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 121 avhandlingar innehållade orden hadron physics.
1. First Determination of the Electric Charge of the Top Quark and Studies of the Top Quark Pair Background to New Physics
Sammanfattning : This thesis is concerned with experimental investigations of properties of the top quark and processes involving this particle. In the first part of the thesis, the first determination of the electric charge of the top quark is presented. LÄS MER
2. Physics at the High-Energy Frontier : Phenomenological Studies of Charged Higgs Bosons and Cosmic Neutrino Detection
Sammanfattning : The Standard Model of particle physics successfully describes present collider data. Nevertheless, theoretical and cosmological results call for its extension. A softly broken supersymmetric completion around the TeV scale solves several of the outstanding issues. Supersymmetry requires two Higgs doublets, leading to five physical Higgs states. LÄS MER
3. Hadron Physics in a Polarized World : Exploring Electromagnetic Interactions with Spin Observables
Sammanfattning : The electromagnetic interactions of hadrons serve as a valuable probe of the nature of the strong force at low energies and simultaneously allow for tests of fundamental discrete symmetries. In this thesis, I show how polarization observables can be used to gain an in-depth understanding of these processes and present two analyses of data from the BESIII experiment where such observables have been studied. LÄS MER
4. Instrumentation for silicon tracking at the HL-LHC
Sammanfattning : In 2027 the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) at CERN will enter a high luminosity phase, deliver- ing 3000 fb 1 over the course of ten years. The High Luminosity LHC (HL-LHC) will increase the instantaneous luminosity delivered by a factor of 5 compared to the current operation pe- riod. LÄS MER
5. Studies of Top Physics Sensitivity and of Pile-Up Effects on Energy Reconstruction in the ATLAS Detector : A Licentiate Thesis About the Treatment of Troublesome $\tau$ and Producing Pulses to Probe Pile-up Problems
Sammanfattning : This thesis presents two studies conducted using the ATLAS detectorat the Large Hadron Collider. The first one is a technical study abouthow out-of-time pile-up affects energy reconstruction using the optimalfiltering 2 algorithm in the TILE calorimeter sub detector. The studyis conducted using a pulse simulator software that is also described. LÄS MER